SEAN

Sean Hotchkiss is a contributor for the GQ Eye. He is also the founder of The Khaki Crusader. Portraits taken at his apartment in Manhattan.

About AnAfternoonWith...

A project about people and their spaces.
This entry was posted in ALL FEATURES, BLOGGERS, EDITORS, FASHION, MANHATTAN, UP & COMING, WRITERS and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to SEAN

1. annejla says:

So interesting how our homes give a much more complete picture of who we are, what things we value, what are lives are essentially like everyday. So revealing!
    I once had to break up with a guy after visiting his apartment.. simply because his apartment was a tornado of belongings, garbage and plants. But his exterior was so put-together and he was pleasant. Such a contrast, and so revealing.

2. schaefe says:

The editor of GQ owns more belts than I have pants. Why is this no surprise?

3. Lindsay says:

I love the overhead shot with his shoes curving counter to the staircase

4. Mike says:

are you all crazy…..this apt looks like a college dorm room.

5. Aprilil says:

Very cool. Efficient and attractive use of small spaces!
    Really like the ties all hanging together.

6. Dee says:

I love shoes, and you can’t have too many pairs. Man or Woman.

7. Great Concepts here I have to say… I like the way you make use of such small spaces.. I am from NYC so I know what it’s like to basically wake up in my kitchen!! Any Bravo, fun blog not to much like a few other Space Invader blogs I have seen… Come to PA and shoot TROVE GENERAL STORE I am sure you will get a HUGE kick out of it…
    Good day, Foster

8. fionaqiqi says:

“tight and tidy”, this is my feeling.

• Sometimes it’s hard for a young, ambitious man who is living in New York City to be “tidy.” What Sean’s space says to me is that he loves fine things and he is super BUSY. It also says to me – this guy is going places.

9. Chris says:

cool pics, cool concept. in this particular example I can appreciate the artfulness of organized clutter.

10. maru says:

Each space is a completely different world. Kind of beauty in the pics and angles.

11. Pingback: An Afternoon with SEAN | hypstercult

12. 1litchick says:

He owns more shoes than me. The organizer in me really wants to get my hands on that space.

• Sean is a collector of fine clothes. It’s part of his job as the contributing editor at GQ. That said, he has more shoes than my entire family combined! For a guy as busy as he is, he’s pretty organized! Thanks for stopping by. Michael

13. I really enjoy these posts! It is inspiring design wise and it satisfies my weekly creepiness quota lol. Who doesn’t enjoy peeking at part of a strangers life?

14. Vivian says:

Does he sometimes go crazy when all his shoes aren’t aligned and his shirts are hither and yon?
    I love cozy but even I would have to stay at the local hangout during free time to keep claustrophobia at bay. Great planning on his part.

15. Raj says:

Nice! I can see that Sean makes good use of the tight space (from how it appears) in his Manhattan apartment for his shoes and clothes. I have 4000+ sq. ft and my wife complaints that we have run out of space for my shoes 🙂