FLOR

Flor Zaballa is a musician. Some of her work can be found at Flor Zaballa and The Zabalas. Portraits taken at her home in Brooklyn. Recommended by Jeremy.

About AnAfternoonWith...

A project about people and their spaces.
This entry was posted in ALL FEATURES, BROOKLYN, DESIGNERS, FASHION, UP & COMING and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to FLOR

1. tofuju says:

Yeah, I’m not too crazy about that bull rug, either. Everything else about her place is lovely and comforting … but that two-dimensional representation of the unspeakable torture of an animal ruins it for me.

2. Chila says:

I love her home and she seems to be vary interesting

3. The Other Me says:

Still loving what you guys are doing! Keep it coming.

4. stylecrumb says:

Hey!
    I just discovered your blog and I love the concept. Following now!
    What a lovely lovely post.
    x Karen.

5. fivecats says:

Vinyl records, nice to see someone else still plays them.

6. R says:

Como el musguito en la piedra ay si.. si.. si….
    😉

7. Fiona.q says:

she gives me a feeling like a Gypsy lady, lol.
    and i’m surprised by the last photo. a quite contrast feeling compared with the shots before it.
    p.s. i see you are doing some new trials in your video, nice, keep going 😉

• Hey Fiona,
      Good to hear from you. Yes she does feel a bit like a gypsy.
      I like your observation. And yes I am still working on the video part. I always appreciate your comments.
      Best,
      Michael

8. Mery says:

It’s awful carpet bull. Torture is not art or culture.

• Mery,
      I would love for you to elaborate.
      Michael

• I never noticed the rug till now. Thats weird. Maybe just didnt remember it. Seeing these comments about it I had to go back and look at the images to see what people were talking about. Bull fighting is part of the Spanish culture for better or worse. I cant help but feel it is a relic of the past. I am both captivated and appalled by it. I prefer the French way of grabbing ribbons of the bulls horn then running like hell.Seems much more fair.

9. Kristina says:

what a fantastic space!

10. Charlotte says:

Really love these photos, they’re so tranquil yet so powerfully beautiful!

11. michael says:

Great shots !!!
    love the apt and the orange curtains .

12. annton says:

Taking videos seems to open up your perspectives; somehow the posts feel eve deeper, poetic and sensual. I like that new twist.

13. mahervolous says:

Ah, to have a funky apartment with trinkets down low and tables with edges. Alas, small people running around all day long prevents that.
    Great pictures, I really like her sound. Good post.

14. I love the apartment and how you capture Flor’s personality!

15. Pingback: FLORA | Shelterholic Now

16. stephen hall says:

Cool work again Michael…

17. ns says:

Nice, like the apartment! I tried to watch the video, but for some reason it wouldn’t work….